“It is a poverty that a child must die so that you may live as you wish… – Mother Teresa
GMU's Catholic Campus Ministry is a community dedicated to upholding the dignity of human life from the moment of conception until natural death.
Our goal is to spread the culture of life on our college campus. We do this mainly through offering support and help to those experiencing crisis pregnancies, encouraging compassionate alternatives to abortion, and prayerful pro-life witness.
We support all women, especially those women who are experiencing crisis pregnancies. Very often, they are in very difficult situations and truly feel that their only option is abortion. We hope to offer them help and support during their pregnancy, and to assure them they have the option of choosing life. We can refer them to pregnancy help centers in the area which provide free counseling and prenatal care.
Every Saturday we will pray in front of the abortion clinic in Fairfax. We’ll meet at the Chapel at 11:00am, drive to the abortion clinic together to pray, and go out to lunch afterwards! We usually pray the Rosary or the Divine Mercy Chaplet, as well as sing a few songs. Our goal is to provide a peaceful, non-condemning witness to the sacredness of human life. Please feel free to join us, we would love to see you
- A Christian, non-profit organization that offers medical consultations, lab quality pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, pregnancy confirmation, peer counseling by trained volunteers, and support groups -- Fairfax Pregnancy Help Center
-The Gabriel Project Arlington -- Gabriel Project
- A very good online resource for pregnant women or those considering an abortion -- Crisis Pregnancy Center
- The Catholic Church’s post-abortion healing ministry -- Project Rachel
- “One-stop shop” for high school and college students looking to get involved in pro-life activities -- Students for Life of America
- Grassroots organization which seeks to promote the culture of life among women -- Feminists for Life of America
- A Catholic support organization for those with same-sex attractions -- Homosexuality
- Organization that provides healthcare for women -- Tepeyac Center